Welcome to my Beauty Blog!



Want Photoshop for FREE?

Hey Glamour Girls!
♥ ♥ ♥



♥ ♥ ♥

So, I wasn't actually planning on blogging until tomorrow, BUT, once I came across this I knew I had to share it with you guys RIGHT NOW!

♥ ♥ ♥

Okay, so before I start I just wanna put this out there. "This company did not pay me for this. I don't even know who owns this company. And they have no idea that I'm even writing this. I'm only sharing this with you because I feel like it is something you would enjoy."

Okay, that said, I'm sure you can already tell that this blog is going to be a product rave. If not, then, now you know. =D

♥ ♥ ♥

So, before I start, let me give you a quick background on what's going on and why I am suddenly reviewing/raving about this product. About 6 years or so ago I was in a photography class and I really wanted photoshop. That year, I got it as a gift and fell in LOVE with it. A year or so later I moved and, in doing so, lost the disc, box and all. But, since it was already installed, it stayed on my computer and I was still able to use it. That is, up until about 6 months ago when I spilled a bottled water on my laptop and fried it. So now I have a new laptop and I don't have photoshop anymore. :'( Also, I have just recently bought a house and a new vehicle (both in the past 3 months) so I am super short on money. But I've been missing photoshop badly. So, being the dumb person that I am, I thought maybe there was a free version of photoshop out there somewhere on the internet. (Legally, of course.) So I searched around and found a site that said they had a free version of photoshop that was 100% legal. It went into a lot of detail about how it was a very limited version and that's how they were able to give the software away, blah blah blah. So anyway, after checking it out for awhile and deciding it was legit from all "testimonials" on the page, I decide to download it and give it a try. Anything is better than nothing, after all. BIG MISTAKE!! I downloaded it and installed it and then went to find the shortcut icon to check it out and it wasn't there. But there WAS another program on there that had nothing to do with photo editing. Then, my new laptop started freezing up and freaking out on me and just my luck, my Norton Anti-Virus Trial had expired a week or so ago. So I restart my computer and go download an Anti-Virus as fast as I possibly can and start it scanning. (On a side note, "AVG Free" is a great, free anti-virus program.) So anyway, AVG finds about 15 viruses, of course, and it's taken me three days to delete all of the programs and files that stupid "free photoshop" installed on me. (And I'm still not sure if they're all gone.) So, long story short, just trust me, take my advice and DO NOT download anything that says it's a FREE version of PhotoShop. Unless you want your computer eaten by a million trojan viruses. In that case, go ahead and do it. =P

♥ ♥ ♥

So, anyway, I told you that story just to tell you this one, (I hate when people say that, but it's true this time.) I was reading some other bloggers blogs today and I ran across one about FREE photo editing software. And, since I was still desperate for a photo editor, I decided to give one of them a try. The one I decided to try was called GIMP. (Funny name, huh?) So I download this program and it instantly starts to install. As soon as it's finished it launches. (Which is already better than my last experience. lol) So I open up a photo in it and I am instantly amazed. It is seriously so close to photoshop that it is ridiculous. I played around with color, text, lighting, contrast, filters, brushes and everything I'd learned how to use in photoshop. This product has seriously amazed me. I can't believe I had thought about spending hundreds of dollars to get photoshop again when this program was out there for free. And, so far, it doesn't seem like it has any malware or spyware attached to it. (Which is a BIG plus for free software.) So anyway, I know how much girls like me love photo editing software, and to find one like this for free is always a great deal, so I thought I would share it with you guys so everyone can have awesome looking photos for free!!

Go download it! Here is the link:
http://www.gimp.org

♥ ♥ ♥

So, I hope you guys enjoyed this lonnnggg blog. I know photoshop isn't actually a beauty product. Well, it kind of is. I guess it depends on your definition of a beauty product. If you have a blemish in a photo, or a fly away hair that you want to get rid of you can do it now. So that, kind of, makes it a beauty product, right? IDK. Anyway, I thought you guys would be interested in it. Let me know if you like this kind of thing and you want to see more beauty related software review/raves, or if you would rather me stick to beauty & fashion things. Either way, thanks for reading guys! Love you all!

♥ ♥ ♥

peace. love. glamour.

♥ ♥ ♥

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/helloglamour21

Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/helloglamour21


No comments:

Post a Comment